Monday, April 23, 2007

On the move

My Thursday Thirteen post announced we were moving. We are stll moving... and will probably be still moving at the end of this week. Why does it take us so long? It is a good thing we weren't moving cross-country... we had to take two U-haul loads as it was, and we still have a house full of stuff!!! I think about the pioneers and others who crossed the plains to settle out west, pulling handcarts or driving wagons. If I had to load all my stuff into a handcart, I'd be in a world of hurt, not to mention how hard it would be to pull the thing. I think people, in general, have to much 'stuff'. I wanted to downsize a lot of things, and met with more than a little resistance from family members. I just feel that sometimes we put to much emphasis on material things, and not the things that really matter. Moving this week has shown me just how much 'stuff' we have and I have to wonder if we really need all of it. Maybe, just once, I should pack a wagon or a handcart just to see what is really important to me, and what 'stuff' I can do without.

No comments: