Saturday, April 14, 2007

Leaving the Nest


Peach moved out today. She will be 19 in 2 weeks. I had been out on my own for over a year when I was her age, but her moving out today has really affected me. I miss her. She was really fun to have around. I know I'll still see her, she is only moving across town, but it is more that another of my children is grown and leaving the nest. My oldest two children and I had a special sort of relationship because for a while it was just us. We went through a lot together before I remarried and my wonderful husband adopted them. It is like that part of my life is over. It is hard to let go. She is perfectly capable and ready to be on her own. She is smart and has a good job, and she is ready. I'm not! I'm not ready for her to be grown up! I want her to still be my little girl. I want her to need me to be her mommy! I know in my head I'll always be her mother... but it is different now. I'll just have to get used to it. My kids are growing up. At least I have a long while before I have to go through this again! I'm still hurting now though. It will take time to get used to the idea that she is grown up, and on her own.

No comments: