Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 5-3



Thirteen Things that the Cat Lady LOVES to have for dinner


Since we have moved... and it took 10 days to get everything out of the old place and into the new... we have eaten take-out more than a few times. My kitchen is in chaos, as is the rest of the house, as I try to unpack boxes and find a place for everything. We have had one too many ham sandwiches for lunch and dinner!! So with food on the brain... here is my T13

1... Steak and baked potato. This is a great classic meal.
2... Chicken and fetuccini alfredo.
3... Homemade tacos. I make them the way my mother did, and I can't find anything at a restaraunt to compare. I love these things!!
4... Lasagna. My husband can make a pretty good lasagna, but the best by far is at a restaraunt called Johnny Carino's. It is 12 layers of delicious.
5... Chicken and dumplings. Great on a cold night.
6... Corn chowder with or without chicken. I love this soup. My husband likes it with chiken, because, according to him, it isn't a meal without meat in it. I like it without better.
7... Halibut AuGratin. This has to be one of my all time favs. I love halibut and it is fabulous cooked this way.
8... Halibut parmesan. Another halibut dish. This is also a good way to cook tilapia.
9... Lettuce Wraps. Asian Star makes the best I've ever had.
10.. Chicken salad. I love chicken salad that has chunks of chicken, grapes, celery and nuts. It is refreshing to eat on a hot summer day.
11.. Fresh vegetables. My mother used to make red potatoes with a white sauce, fresh green beans out of the garden, and fresh, crisp corn on the cob. Sometimes there were others, but those are my favorites.
12.. Spaghetti. I love a really good plate of spaghetti. I like it with a thick, meaty sauce and grated cheddar cheese on top.
13.. Fall off the bone, bbq ribs. Yum-O
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh now i'm starving. All those sound GREATTTT!

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE steak and baked potatoes....yumm double baked potatoes!

Share your taco recipe! I would love a nonprepackaged taco seasoning recipe!
Happy TT

Scribbit said...

Spaghetti, still my favorite dinner!

Norma said...

A yummy list. If you're in the middle of a move, you might identify with my 13 this week.

Painting

Anonymous said...

I think I would vote for the spag bog. I am not a 'fish' person. Saying that we had salmon with fresh spinach and prawns wrapped in puff pastry last night!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Yum! :) All of those meals sound delicious! :) Especially the steak and baked potato, and the lasagne. :)

dawnae said...

mmmmm great list, love ribs from Lucilles in Vegas! Sometimes I really love to make breakfast for dinner too...

Anonymous said...

Heavens. And I haven't had lunch yet. Scrumptious list!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Chicken & fetuccini alfredo and chicken & dumplin's are two of my favorites! :)
Great list. When's it gonna be ready?

Thanks for dropping by and hope you had a great Thursday.