Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 4-19

Thirteen Things Cat Lady HATES about moving

I am moving today. I decided to do thirteen things I hate about moving. I am going to enjoy my new place, but getting there is a bear!
1... finding enough boxes.
2... sorting through all the accumulated junk.
3... deposits, moving vans and other expenses.
4... packing, packing, packing and more packing
5... trying to pack around three little kids who want to "help" by taking things back out of the boxes.
6... all the heavy lifting. - Sore feet, back & muscles.
7... still doing all the things I have to do in a day like laundry and dinner and dishes and baths while packing, packing, packing.
8... total exhaustion at the end of the day.
9... unpacking at the new place, trying to find a place for everything.
10.. washing all the dishes over again because they have newsprint on them from packing them.
11.. trying to find things when everything is in boxes.
12.. cleaning the old apartment to get my deposit back.
13.. Can I say packing again?????

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



4 comments:

Di said...

Then making new friends, finding places for the kids to play, meeting the neighbors...been there, done that. Hate it!

Anonymous said...

Re #12:

We've moved a lot in the past decade and learned early on to hire a professional cleaning company (maid, etc.) to clean the place when we're leaving so we can get our deposit back. It usually costs less than 100$ for the house/apartment to be cleaned and in our experience the damange deposit is never denied due to cleaning when you produce a receipt for professional cleaning services.

Amelia Elias said...

Moving is evil! Next time, find a high school football team, pay them in pizza, and get them to do it for you. Seriously. This is how my best friend moved last time.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Good luck with the move! My humans have had to move a lot, and my mom seconds she's suggestion: getting a professional to come in and clean is not too expensive, and well worth it.