Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Thursday Thirteen 04/27

Thirteen of Cat Lady's FAVORITE Movies


We have about 90 DVDs and a few hundred VHS movies... I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do like to watch a movie once in a while. My husband definitely watches more than I do, but I do have the ones I watch over and over again. There are more than 13 for sure, but here are 13 worth noting...

1…A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. - Ok... odd that this is at #1, but I love this movie! It is one of those that gives warm fuzzies every time you watch it. I took it to the delivery room to watch while having Boo and Punkin. I watch it when I'm feeling down and it always gives me a pick-me-up. It's great... and not just for Thanksgiving time.
2... While You Were Sleeping - I can probably recite this movie. Great feel good chick-flick, although my husband loves it as much as I do.
3... The Last of the Dogmen - If you have never seen this movie... WATCH IT!! Fabulous scenery, great story line, well acted... I love it.
4... The Last Starfighter - Old and cheesy, I still love it.
5... The Last of the Mohicans - Another great movie with fabulous scenery. I also love the soundtrack.
6... My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Windex anyone??
7... So I Married An Axe Murderer - Always good for a laugh. "We have a piper DOWN!!"
8... Bed of Roses - Christian Slater is great in this movie.
9... Young Frankenstien - You can't go wrong with Gene Wilder, this movie is hysterically funny.
10. Back to the Future - How can you NOT like this trilogy??
11. Only You - I love Robert Downy Jr., but this is a great story, too.
12. Galaxy Quest - Funny
13. Star Wars - I love the 4-5-6 trilogy better than then the newer 1-2-3. I remember waiting so impatiently to find out what happened to Han Solo. I still enjoy watching these.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


31 comments:

-tnchick- said...

Several of those I've never watched. I love watchin' Charlie Brown tho - hehe. I don't watch TV either (well, rarely) but do enjoy a good movie. :)

My 13 is posted. Happy Thursday.

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

So I Married an Axe Murderer - hahaha! "Would you look at the size of it - it's like an orange on a toothpick..."

Mine are up!

Geggie said...

I LOVE So I Married an Axe Murderer!

Heeeead....Paper....Now!

Anonymous said...

Galaxy Quest is Awesome huh!

pvtB)fs

Laci said...

While You Were Sleeping is one of my all-time favorite romantic comedies...

Happy Thursday, my TT is up as well! :)

Laura said...

my TT includes a mention about our latest dvd acquisition as part as our youngest #9 surgery adventure

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

I like most of those as well. If you liked While You Were Sleeping, you might like Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon and that guy I can never remember's name. He looks similar to Peter Gallagher, from While.

Oh, and my T13 is up.

Just Me said...

I really enjoy reading people's movie lists - I like to compare them to my DVD collection and see how many we have in common. We share 11 of the 13 which isn't bad going, eh?

Happy Thursday Thirteen
Elle xx

Unknown said...

I LOVE Movies!!!!!!!!!

My T T is up

Anonymous said...

I can watch #1, 6 and 8 over and over! Love them.

My 13 are up.

Unknown said...

Awesome list!!! I love so many of them. ;)

twiga92 said...

Ooh, I love While You Were Sleeping. Really feel-good movie. I love the chemistry between Bill Pullman and Sandra Bullock in that movie. Also liked My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
And I agree - Back to the Future trilogy is great. I got it on VHS for free.
Thanks for sharing!

Carmen said...

Great minds think alike. :) (see my list)

I love While You Were Sleeping! And in Galaxy Quest, where Sigorney Weaver can't curse because it was bleeped out in the tv show, and the aliens kept EVERYTHING just like the show! Funny stuff

http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

ahh some great movies in there..I like mostly anything really..but Charlie Brown is some awesome feel good movies..

Unknown said...

While You Were Sleeping is my favorite Romantic Comedy. I also love My Big Fat Greek Wedding. You have a great collection! My list is up!

Melzie said...

I LOVED MBFGW!!! And #3 was a surprise, I didn't think I would like it, but I surely did!

Anonymous said...

My Big Fat Greek Wedding! The best!!

My guys play Back to the Future CONSTANTLY. Good thing I have a soft spot for Michael J. Fox.

Mine are up!

Anonymous said...

Ah, great movie list indeed. Loved the "... big fat greek wedding". Really.

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, I've seen them all except 3, and 8. We must have similiar taste in movies. Thanks for stopping by.

The Schooligan said...

"Magua's heart is twisted"

I keep meaning to do one of these posts... but then I think, "Do I want the internet to know how bad my taste is?" :-)

Jen said...

I liked 4 5 & 6 better than 1 2 & 3, too!

My TT is up!

Norma said...

We have some of these on VHS and DVD. But I still enjoy the theater experience with some popcorn. Great list.

My TT is up.

Anonymous said...

Last of the Dogmen is good- have I really not seen Bed of Roses? but I love Christian Slater!!!

{LyndsD} said...

I LOVE watching anything Charlie Brown! Great list!!

I played too

Unknown said...

Wow! Those are totally on my list too! I've seen the Last of the Mohicans a zillion times! And the Star Wars 4-6 are by far the best. Great list.

Chana said...

How about Phantom of the Opera? What a great movie....there are so many that I love.

Natalie said...

I like the Charlie Brown holiday movies too! And My Big Fat Greek Wedding.. hilarious! ;)

Mama Kelly said...

we enjoy The Last Starfighter too

Angie said...

LOVE this list!

#1--I love the whole dinner set-up by Snoopy. From the ping-pong table to the popcorn...LOVE that movie!

#2--This is one of those movies that I watch every time I see it on tv. I don't own it but I wish I did. Her neighbor/landlord's son..cracks me up! Plus, it's just a great chick flick!

#6--LOVE!

#7--Yay! Someone else who likes this movie! My husband and I crack up every time we watch. OH...Harriett...

#10--Thumbs up!

#13--Absolutely! I still call "4-5-6" 1, 2 and 3. :)

Anonymous said...

I also love numbers 2, 6 and 7! Good choices. My TT are up.

Anonymous said...

Some great movies listed there- I haven't see all of them, I'll have to check a few of those out.