Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday Thirteen 05/04


Thirteen Reasons I Love Being a Mommy


1... The smiles of my kids. There is nothing that warms my soul more than to see my children smiling.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2... Hugs and kisses. My three year old, Boo, loves to give hugs and kisses. She says we can't leave the house without hugs, kisses and signs I love you.
3... Laughter. There is so much more to laugh at when you have kids.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
4... Rediscovering the world. How often as adults do we forget to stop and watch a bug, or look for pretty rocks as we walk down the sidewalk??
5... Enjoying the simple pleasures. Boo has to stop and smell the flowers EVERY time we leave the house. I can't remember the last time I did that...
6... Teaching and Learning. I love when Boo learns a new song, or recognizes a letter on a billboard and yells A "B" mom! I saw a "B" on that sign!!
7... Achievements. When my children succeed at something they have worked hard for, it makes my heart swell.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
8... Playing games. I forgot what it was like to play pretend store, or hide and seek till I had kids again. We stop playing and don't realize how fun it can be as an adult... at least I did. I think all adults should stop and play games once in a while.
9... Tucking my kids into bed at night. After a full day, there is such a simple pleasure in tucking my kids into bed after reading a book and that feeling of completeness.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
10... Story time. I have discovered so many great stories that weren't around when I was a kid. I love reading to my kids and watching them obtain a love for books.
11... Watching them grow. I can't believe my son is 19 years old. It seems like I was holding him as a little baby just yesterday. I know that I'll blink and my little Punkin will be graduating high school.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
12... Pretending. My daughter Boo loves to pretend. We make up stories and we make up songs and we pretend we are princesses. We pretend to go the store, and we pretend that we are on a boat. The possibilities are endless and life is so much more incredible when I'm pretending and imagining with my children.
13... Pure joy. I can't imagine my life without my kids. It would be so empty. They bring such joy to my life. There aren't words to explain the feelings. My heart is so full it is near bursting, and with each new child, it just expands and life becomes better.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



29 comments:

Undercover Angel said...

We used to call my oldest son Boo when he was little. Sometimes I still call him that. My TT is up.

feedscott said...

I love other peoples kids LOL

pvtB)fs

Anonymous said...

Boo, what a sweet name. I love kids too, as long as I can hand them back :)

Mandy

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Very nice 13. Funny, because my 13 is what I do when I feel like locking my kids in the closet.

Chaotic Mom said...

VERY cool list. I need to write one like this, just to remind myself why I like the boys, too. ;)

Unknown said...

this is great! Love those smiles...and the one with nap time is sweet!!

My T T is published

Carmen said...

kids really do see so much that adults miss. :)

Jane said...

What precious pictures of your babies!!! Love the hugs and kisses....SO precious.

My list is up too, hope you'll visit.

Anonymous said...

I have one turning 18 this week. it's crazy! I just like to listen to them play- the little ones, that is!-
thanks for stopping by my TT

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oh my gosh! The kiddo pics are too cute for words.

This is such a fun list.

My TT are up. Happy Thursday!

Kelly said...

A wonderful TT list. Your kids are so cute!

Happy Thursday!

Kel said...

I definately agree that things are a lot more fun with children around.

Happy Thursday, my TT is up. ^_^

Shannon said...

I have to agree the pics say it all. Your kids look so happy to have you as their mommy.

Leesa said...

What a sweet list :)

twiga92 said...

Awww! What a great list! And a good reminder for all of us to treasure those around us. Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

[Happy Sigh]

Being a mom rocks!

Happy TT!

Angie said...

Gorgeous children!! There is nothing like motherhood.

Happy TT!

Geggie said...

What a happy family!

Lisa said...

Very sweet - love your pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Great list. :) Your kids are so cute. :) It's fun how they help you see things in a new light isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Kids are wonderful! I couldn't imagine not having mine. :(

-tnchick- said...

Aww. What a precious read. The photos are great... the sleeping one is my fave.

Kelly said...

I like the rediscovering life part.
So true. You really do. And it is soooo much fun!

YellowRose said...

What a great TT!!! Happy Thursday!

My 13 is up!

LibertyBelle said...

I so agree!
A beautiful TT - thank you for sharing.

Laura said...

beautiful!
my TT is up.

Natalie said...

What a great looking family. Your list is awesome. Reminds me of all the reasons I love being a mom. :)

Jennifer said...

great list! thanks for coming to mine today!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that children are ajoy, sometimes when you see them in the shopping centre andsuch they look like such a pain! I look forward to having my own though.