Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thursday Thirteen 04/20

Thirteen Reasons Why I'm Glad Yesterday Is O-V-E-R!!!

1…. I went to my OB appt, only to find out it was LAST Wednesday, not yesterday.

2.... When I picked her up, Boo was complaining that her ears hurt.

3.... After 2 calls to the pediatrician, I was told they couldn't see her till tomorrow.

4.... Boo started running a fever, so we decided to go to the Kids Care after-hours clinic.

5... After an hour wait, a doctor with a serious attitude and a nurse that had the bedside manner of a stick... Boo has an ear infection.

6... Did I mention she just had an ear infection??? She only finished the antibiotics Monday night.

7.... My son, the Goober, lost his keys... at a gas station of all places, so we have to run the spare set across town to him.

8.... He decided he couldn't wait for us so he decided to PICK THE IGNITION!!! ????

9.... I have a son with no brain.

10. Once we had the spare set to him, the ignition was BROKEN so the keys don't work anymore.

11. Somehow he also managed to break the spring on the trunk and now it won't close, either.

12. After trying to get it to work for 3 hours, we called a towtruck at 1am, and $110 and another hour later, we have the car home. I didn't really have an extra $110 just laying around doing nothing.

13. It is now almost 2:30 in the morning and I haven't been to bed yet. I have to get up for work at 5:30!! That is in 3 hours!!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


24 comments:

Unknown said...

ewwwwwwwww, hope the REST of your day is better. Heck, it's GOTTA get better.

My T T is up

Chaotic Mom said...

Bummer DAY! I hope today goes much better for you! ;)

Alice said...

What a shocker of a day. Let's hope every Wednesday from now on is much better than that.

My 13 are up.

Jane said...

It is always a comfort to know that there are other women out there who have difficult days too sometimes....I am not alone!!! The joys of having a teenage driver!!! Bless you.
My T13 is up too!

Carmen said...

Whew, I'm glad for you that yesterday is over, too! Hope today goes much better.

My list is up
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

Undercover Angel said...

On days like that, I just want to curl up in bed early to make the day end faster.

My TT is up.

Kel said...

Oh boy, sounds like a rough night. I'd be glad it was over too! My TT is up and have a wonderful Thursday!

Trinity13 said...

I hate it when I miss my OB appointments as well! But I can always blame it on prego-brain!
:-)

Joan said...

What a day!! Never a dull moment once you become a parent!

My thirteen are also posted.

Anonymous said...

I hope today is running more smoothly for you.

My TT is up. Take-Care...

Unknown said...

Gosh I am sorry about your day. I hope today is so much better and makes up for yesterday. My TT is up. Blessings!

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Now that you got yesterday out of the way, hopefully you will have a great day today! :)

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

sounds like a crappy day - I hope today is a better day for you.

Mine are up…..Go check out my T13

Unknown said...

Oh! It is a napping day, today! I'll be taking a nap too! (I was up till 3am working!)

Master Enigma said...

Hope your Thursday was so much better for you.

My own 13 is busy trying to learn that ignition picking trick right now over on http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

Sounds like one crappy day!
Glad it is over for you!

Colleen Pidge said...

Thanks everyone. My day is going MUCH better today.

Courtney said...

Wow that was quite a day! Glad it's over for you.

Shannon said...

Yeah...but the church is true. And...there are mountains.

I love Utah. Hate brainless moments on kids, but love Utah.

I comfort myself when the kids get that way by telling myself the kids' apgar scores were very high when they were born. Doesn't always work, but then a good joke is as important as a good breakfast.

Melli said...

ROFL! Goober MUST be i the 16-18 year old range! I have 3 of them living with me!!! I do feel for you!


My list is up!

Unknown said...

I hope your coming days are better. *hug*

Anonymous said...

Good gosh.. Your day sucked!

Moogie said...

Egads what an awful day you had!

My TT is up! Hope today is much better for you!

Frances D said...

Sending good vibes your way.
Can I ever relate to your day - I've had quite a few like that myself.
My TT is up.
Look forward to seeing you next week.