Sunday, March 25, 2007

My son... the goober


I talked with my son on the phone tonight. He is in Texas, staying with my brother, while he decides what he wants in life. He will be 20 in 8 days. I thought about where I was at 20. Did I really know what I wanted? By the time I was 20, I already had Gooberboy, and before I was 21 I had Peach. I thought I knew what I wanted, but what I wanted then and what I want now are VERY different. He's making some good choices now, after years of very poor choices, and I am proud of him for that. I want him to find his way and be happy. Some people know early on where their way lies. Some people look for their whole life and never find the path they should be on. My older brother is a great guy and I'm glad he is staying there. If anyone can get through to the Goober, he can. Maybe then I can change his name from the Goober to something a little more grown-up.

No comments: